w3cWell I finally finished (well almost) coding the website I recently designed. Being the anal perfectionist that I am, I wanted to make sure the site was XHTML strict compliant and validated correctly. Being that this is a very small our page site, I figured coding would be a breeze. Wrong, wrong!

Enter IE 6 and well, many hours later, I believe the site is working in this browser. I wish that when standards are published, they would be utilized by everyone, so there would actually be standards. I know this is a pet peeve of most developers and thousands of others have posted similar articles. But now that I’ve gotten to experience it first hand I realize how frustrating it has been to constantly tweak and hack code to fine tune your layouts so they display the way you intended within the major browsers.

I did at least find some nice tools and sites to assist me through this episode. Browsershots.org is a site that allowed me to test my code on many different platforms and browsers by taking screen shots of the pages I submitted. And this is a free site. I also posted on The Scripts Developer Network. This is a great developer resource with many articles, how-to’s and a great forum to post issues and questions.

So all in all, it has been a great learning experience, although quite frustrating at times, but at least the site is has been posted. It’s still a work in progress. I am trying to add a php mail to form and am tweaking this as I write this.

So if anyone out there has run into similar experiences and has other sites that may be of interest in this realm, I’d love to hear about them.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.